Momma’s Beef and Apple Tagine
I recently treated myself to this little gem from Home Bargains for just £8.99. Of course, I could just use my slow cooker, but there is something so exotic about using a tagine to make…well…a tagine!
It is basically a fancy slow cooker that you put in your oven. I hope it’s not something that I use a few times as a novelty and then resign it to the dusty spot at the back of the kitchen cupboard.
This beef and apple tagine recipe was actually very simple, and absolutely delicious. It is one that I will certainly be making again very soon.
If you would like to make it yourself…
You will need…
- 1 small beef roasting joint
- 4 chopped apples, cut into roughly 1 inch chunks
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 roughly chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 beef stock pot or crumbled oxo cube (you could use any beef stock cube, I just find the cheaper ones harder to crumble)
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 3 tsp of dried coriander
- 300 ml of boiling water
- Salt and pepper to season
You will need to…
- Put all of the ingredients, in the order that I have listed, into the tagine and gently mix everything around the beef
- Put it into a hot oven, preheated to 150 degrees celcius for 4 hours.
- Shred the beef with 2 forks
- Serve with some lovely, fresh tiger bread or rice (or a bit of both!)
Skint Momma xx