BEEF STEAK AND ONION MELTS
Slimming World Friendly
When I made these for my husband his reaction was…”Oh Jeeeesus”.
I think he liked them.
My two year old daughter’s reaction?
Well, she ate most of hers and rubbed the rest directly on to her belly…I think she approves!
These are cheap to make, messy to eat and taste awesome.
Keep some baby wipes handy for your fingers afterwards because your going to need them!
This recipe is made to be Slimming World friendly too…so even if you went a little over board last night, you can easily get your hangover foodie fix, without over-indulging.
Ingredients (Makes 6…I guess about 1 syn plus 1 each of Healthy extras A&B)
- 6 pack of wholemeal sandwich thins (I used Kingsmill £1 in Tesco) (1 Healthy Extra B for 1)
- 1 tin of Tesco Value stewed steak and gravy (£1.20 per tin) (4.5 syns per tin)(other brands may be syn free, please check)
- 3 large mushrooms, diced
- 1-2 tsp onion salt (I used about 1 and a half)
- 180g grated cheddar (30g is 1 Healthy extra A)
- Plenty of oil spray for the pan (Frylight is free, but I use olive oil spray)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Open up the sandwich thins and set aside
- Cook the steak in a hot pan for 4-5 minutes
- Fry off the mushrooms in a hot pan with plenty of oil spray, until they are cooked (soft and browned)
- Add the onion salt to mushrooms and stir
- Pour the steak and mushrooms together and stir again
- Add a couple of tbsp of the mixture one half of each sandwich thin and put 30g of grated cheddar on top of each one
- Put the sandwich thins back together and brush some beaten egg on one side, place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from grill and repeat with brushing beaten egg on to the uncooked side and grill again for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from grill once the cheese has melted and the bread is nicely toasted
*Skint Momma is not affiliated in any way with Slimming World, nor is Skint Momma qualified to give syn values. Please consult Slimming World directly for accurate and correct information.*