Slow Cooker Lamb Stew
When else is there a more perfect time to make stew than when it’s snowing and colder than a penguins arse outside! I love nothing more than having dinner prepared in the slow cooker on a frosty day, it just makes me feel as if I’ve got my life in order.
I got all of my ingredients from Lidl, I find they are great value for money especially when it comes to stocking up on fruit and veggies. I used lamb instead of beef because it was on offer on the day but feel free to use either (or leave it out entirely and add some chickpeas or beans instead for a veggie option).
Serves 4-6 (to fill a 5lt slow cooker – adjust amounts accordingly)
- 2 lamb shoulder chops – I used the 370g pack from Lidl UK, I chose it because it was the cheaper option and well…I’m skint!
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into circles
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped into circles
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 3 Oxo cubes, crumbled
- 1.5 ltr of boiling water (or enough to just about cover all the ingredients)
- Sea salt, and black pepper, as little or as much as you like
- Throw it all into your slow cooker and turn it on to low for around 6-8 hours (the lower and slower the better!)
- Pull the lamb apart into smaller chunks at the end, and roughly press everything down with a potato masher
- Serve with a little gravy, or on its own…your choice!
Skint Momma xo